Wednesday, December 17, 2008

O Christmas Tree!!

Well for better or worse the tree is finally up. The late Thanksgiving really seems to have zapped me. If you go back to the summer it has just been one thing after another to get ready for and no recovery time to relax. But like I mentioned the girl has really discovered events this year. First Victor's birthday and baptism had her on a two month quest to reach her day explaining the four year wait till her baptism is another story. Then Halloween a week before her birthday was fun. Now it is Christmas. She was a big helper to dad as he set up the tree and me as I did the lights. Those two experiences lead me to decide that it wouldn't be in my best interest to put up all my ornaments. So I put up a few of of the special ones that shouldn't break, then divided the kid ones I felt that were relatively unbreakable. The pay off has been that Rowan has been free to rearrange the tree at will. Which she has done. Victor being more like me was always very good at hanging the the decorations to mom's rules, Rowan however like everything else in her life goes to the beat of her own drum.
Rowan bringing the next branch to her dad so she can make sure he's doing it right.Rowan making sure she was finding all the right branches.Rowan working hard on her ornaments (she didn't wait for Victor so I had to make two piles so each child would get a fair turn).Victor the old pro tried his best to fill holes and the tree. Little did he know every ornament would be moved multiple times.The funnest part of decorating was the night that Rowan decided the stockings were foot wear and put all four of them on. That's Right TWO on each foot!!!

No comments: