Thursday, July 10, 2008

Park Play Dates


So our ward is trying something new this summer!! We are going to have weekly play dates at a kid friendly spots! This week was the first one and it was a hit with my kids. There is a local man made pond with a small beach area, a playground and picnic tables. It didn't open till noon so it was lunch time when we got there. There was only one other family there when we got there and we tried to sit and have lunch. Vic is always agreeable at meal time it is of course my little bird that wanted into the water with all her might. Every time I looked over she had another piece of clothing off. First her shoes, then her shirt, and then her shorts till she was sitting there in just her swimsuit!!! When we finally got to the water she was even more of a determined mind!! I told her since she can't swim and shouldn't get water in her ears she needed to stay where she could sit with her head above water. I can't begin to count the number of times I had to call her name and get her to come in closer!! Vic is really improving with his water skills and over coming the fear of sinking. I was really proud of him but I was almost tempted to tell him he needed to stay in closer so his sister wouldn't try to follow him but that would not of been fair and really hard since a new family to the ward with 4 other boys came and they were all swimming out farther. It was really a nice day. Next week the date is at the beach!! I bet that will be a long day for mom!!! I choose the week after and I think we will take a break from the water so mom can save her voice!!

No comments: