Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Take me out to the ball game!!



If you asked me I would tell you that I don't think I am a controlling mom. I mean I have rules and standards that I am trying to teach my kids but I don't force them to things just for me. I wanted Rowan to be a ballerina but dance class wasn't her bag so we go to gymnastics now. We tried gymnastics for Victor when he was little but he didn't really like it, and I did t-ball in kindergarten but now I am a soccer mom. I asked him the other day if he wanted to do a rock climbing summer camp but he said sure as long as he did have to go up high, I don't really feel he gets the idea, so that's a no. He actually likes science stuff and comic books and Star Wars and legos and board games right??? Well I hope so. He asks for them and seems happy about doing those things but why?? True they are the things we, Kelton and I enjoy, but I don't think we have forced them on him. He always made us listen to what he wanted in the car, no Barenaked Ladies for him it was kiddie music all the way!! Rowan she's my rocker!! BUT what about the Boston Red Sox? World series Champions 2007!!!! I never forced him to be a fan there right?!? Or did I? We went through our home movies a while back to label them and I kid you not everyone of Victor as a little guy he is wearing something with the Red Sox on it. His favorite saying when ever anyone mentions that NY AL team is Red Sox Rule!! Yankees Drool!! True I did dress them up and have pictures done of them in Red Sox gear. True I do have the teams schedule in my phone so that I always know when the game is on. At the last minute I got them to change Halloween costumes this year cause lets face it WE WON AGAIN!!!!!! But I didn't force them. True Victor sat with me in Olympia for an hour and a half to get WSC hats and I bought him a Pedroia shirt as a thank you but he choose it!! I would have gone for TEK. True Rowan knows TEK's picture as well as she know Dora but forced???? I know I suggested that if Victor wanted to I would get him out of school early so he could come home and watch the ring ceremony but he was the one who reminded me to write the note the day before and not to forget to get him when I dropped him off at school. BUT FORCED ? No just positively reinforced as a good idea DEFINITELY!!!

1 comment:

Drew's Dad said...

I love it. Drew and I were hoping for a new posting. I also think I have turned Drew into a Red Sox fan also.