Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Mommy's Kitchen Fairy




When each of the kids turned one we wanted to start collections for each one that really meant something. For Victor we tried to do the collectible fire trucks because of my grandpa but when we went to get one for his second birthday it tool us forever and many many places before we found them as they were discontinued from many of the stores that had always carried them before. We feel sad but he has his Hess trucks from his Uncle Jared that he gets at Christmas so at least he has that. Well for Rowan I had originally want frogs because while pregnant with her I fell in love with them, but when we went shopping we found fairies. Actually we found fairies with a Noah's Ark!! Noah's ARK!!!! Well she just had to have it and so her collection began. We did a Tinker Bell theme and we got her a fairy and my mom got her a fairy but we hadn't settled on one type and we still aren't that picky but the one she has the most of is a collection that Kelton found call Fairies in the Kitchen and boy are they her. They not only look like her but she really is a kitchen fairy. Because she couldn't hear and there for didn't talk at a young age she started just going into the fridge to get what she wanted. Now she is my constant companion in the kitchen. Whenever I go in to make something she is there with her little princess chair wanting to help. However, she only stays to help if it is something she wants. Examples.. We have been working on potty training. The other day she stayed dry so when she came home from school and was still going strong I told her that she had done such a good job that she deserved a treat. I meant the dollar store or some bubbles from Walmart but she took me literally and went into the cabinet and brought me a brownie mix and she announced that for her treat she want brownies and to make them now. So off to the kitchen we go. Well they were chunky brownies and when I left her stirring to get the pan ready I came back to find her picking out the chunks and eating them!! Which is actually better than the time she helped me make pudding for FHE and I found her stirring with one hand while she was scooping it up in the other and eating it!!!(pictures are licking the whisk from the brownies and the other is after the pudding.)

1 comment:

Drew's Dad said...

I am glad to see that you are feeling better. Hope to hear more soon. Drew and I love It.