Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Kids say the Weirdest THINGS.


Victor has got to be one of the pickiest eaters I have ever met. I do the family trick that everything is better with ketchup. Almost every meal includes that on his plate. Lately we have not been letting the kids finickiness dictate what we have for dinner. Lets face it chicken can get very boring and hot dogs are not all that healthy. Well I have been making lots of new dishes and just asking Victor to try a bite if he wants more of something else that we are having. Like tonight I made burritos but we had mac-n-cheese on the side. So for a second helping of mac-n-cheese we made him take two bites of his burrito. I wish I could understand him!! His new thing to say is "Well it tastes good, but I still don't like it." If it tastes good why doesn't he like it??? All I can say is that it is better than his old trick of making himself puke without ever having the food pass his lips. He was so cute last week, we were on our way to the library and we started to talk all about school and his friends from school because I had been there working at the book fair. We talked for a while then I asked him "who did he have a crush on?" "No one.", he says. "Why not?", I asked. "Because I haven't gone on my mission yet!! DUH!" Now if I can keep him that innocent and sweet till he is 30. The funniest thing I think he has ever said happened one day when we were in the car. I wish I could remember where we were going. Probably to run errands. Kel and I for some reason were talking about places that Victor might serve his mission. One of the last places we mentioned was England. Victor decides then to chime in from the back seat, he goes " I don't want to go to England, they speak English their and I don't." We both just looked at each other, "Okay" I say, "I'll bite. If you don't speak English what do you speak?" "I speak PEOPLE!" He said. We laughed so hard for the rest of the day and still josh him about it.
Best part of my day today was after Rowan came home we were cleaning in the living room. She went to go upstairs to put away the books she got for Easter. Well as she is going up stairs I start to fold up her princess table so we could vacuum. Man O man did she throw a fit when her dad didn't give in and set it back up. She came running to me crying. I told her to just sit on the couch while we vacuumed and then she could have her table back. So she pouts and sits down. I am doing something and Kel asks her a question and she wouldn't answer him. He asked her "are you not speaking to me now?" She says "yup!" He asks her something else and she doesn't answer. I ask her something and she looks at me and answers me. I thought Kel was going to cry!! PRICELESS!!!!! So he runs up stairs and gets her slinky and brings it down to her. Then he lets her have chocolate!! My o my she is dad's little girl that one. I can't complain cuz I am a fool for Vic.

1 comment:

Drew's Dad said...

New post, need new post, pleas. Drew and I need to read more. Hope you feel better.