Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Best Week Ever!!

Well I hope that everyone had a great week!! Mine was crazy busy but awesome!! Sunday I got a new calling. I was released from YW and I am now 2nd Councilor in the Relief Society. It was hard to do to leave YW, after 5 years. I kept telling Kel that even though I knew it was right, I would have felt better with a hug from Afton or Colleen prior to the sustaining. I was proud of myself for being able to keep the secret all week from Afton. That was the hardest part of the whole thing!!! Monday and Tuesday I worked at the book fair at Victor's school!! I love being able to see him during the day!! Funny enough though I get better greetings from Nate than him. Nate smiles, waves, and jumps up and down! Victor was better this time I got a hug each time he saw me. Fast and quiet, but still a hug and he came home and told me how great it was to see me during his day. I had my first Relief Society Presidency Meeting on Tuesday. That was fun. I have a lot to learn! I am really looking forward to this new experience.
Wednesday was THE BEST DAY EVER!!! I dropped the kids off to school and then drove out to Wallingford to meet 3 of my dad's Sisters for the first time. I met my Aunt Gerry, my Aunt Beeeee-e and my Auntie Liz. We had a wonderful visit. I learned about my dad and now have two pictures of him on my TV that I stop and look at all the time. I got to know them and told them a lot about me. I see that I take after my dad's side a lot, not only in looks but in personality. HA HA I always knew it was genetics and not learned! I get misty eyed often over all of this but it is all so much like a dream like now that it is just slowly beginning to sink in.
Thursday was my first RS function. It was an awesome birthday party and I am going to love working in this new calling. Friday we let the kids stay up extra late watching Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. We told them to let mom and dad sleep in and not to disturb us. We forgot that the Easter Bunny comes that night. So much for sleeping in!!! Victor was in our bed at 7:30 with his basket. Look what the Easter Bunny brought!! Then he woke up his sister with the commotion and that was it for trying to sleep in!!!! HOW COULD WE FORGET?!?! TALENT!!
The rest of Saturday was good. The boys went comic book shopping and we girls stayed home and played beauty shop / dress up. Sunday was my first day in Relief Society. I had to conduct the music. Boy I have to really practice that!!! I also figured out with all the special Sundays the next time we have RS meeting on Sunday I am all alone conducting the meeting. PRAY for me!! I wasn't this nervous about my new calling before I actually got in there. It was realizing that I was not suppose to go into the YW room after Sunday School that set my world on tilt. Then we went out with the motley crew that is mom's family. I thought it was a great idea. I found the place made the reservations. I set the gathering into motion. I concede that all was not perfect. They sat us in a bad spot. It was the first time that they were doing an Easter brunch and the first seating ran long but I had some good food. Next time I think I will just keep my mouth closed and see if anyone else steps up and can do it better. Best part was the two hour nap that I got when we got home!!!
Well after being out of the house for two weeks straight I promised my hubby I would stay home most of the week. SO I will be posting a few pics and stories this week. Hope you are all well!!

No comments: