Monday, March 17, 2008

Actually I am the Lucky ONE

So We saw these shirts and Just had to have them. We love to read the funny shirts but most we find funny aren't really appropriate for school and stuff but when we saw a rack for St. Patrick Day and me being a sucker for all things Irish we fell in love and to have them in sizes for both of them it was a must have!! My family thinks I am crazy!! I don't know about the rest of you but in my oven is pan with cabbage, potatoes and Corned Beef!! I only make it on St. Patrick's Day but I love it!! We are Irish on Big Grandma's mothers side. If Rowan had been a boy we really wanted to name her Seamus but that was very unpopular with my family. So unpopular my mom threatened she would get a dog and name it Seamus as it is in her mind a dogs name. It didn't matter that one of the kids in Victor's preschool was named that. They hated it!! I actually brought the baby name book to the hospital because we had nothing if she was a boy. If she had been in the end we probably would have named her Brennan after Big Grandma's Family. The thing that would have made this picture complete was if I could find the hats that I got them last year for St. Patrick's day. They were Cat in the Hat but green!!! I guess it isn't so hard to figure out why Victor's favorite color is green. When we went back to school shopping this year I told Vic that he was old enough to pick out his clothes cause I didn't want any arguments in the morning. Well I have to tell you that just about all the shirts I purchased for him that day were some shade of green. When I was little I remember one St. Patrick' Day that my Grandpa picked me up from school and I was horrified that he wasn't wearing green. I asked "Grandpa where is your green it's St. Patrick's Day!!" He said "It is? Well then I should be wearing Orange because I am Danish not Irish." I think of that every St. Patrick's Day, as a matter of fact I almost but orange barrettes in Row's hair as an homage to him today. I wonder what he would have thought of my little leprechauns if he was still with us?

1 comment:

Drew's Dad said...

Hi, I am so glad to see that you are now on line. I love the pictures of the kids. Go Red Sox. Who are now in first place.