Saturday, June 28, 2008

Potty Cake

On Friday afternoon we were having an impromptu gospel lesson about the Plan of Salvation with our kids when to our surprise Rowan got up and used the potty all by herself. We were so overjoyed at this that I told her we could make anything that she wanted for a treat as this was way bigger than an M&M moment. I thought she would want brownies but she wanted a cake!
Before I could get to the kitchen she decided to get started. She got a bowl and a spoon and a can of frosting!! Once I convinced her that this was not all that we needed we picked up the kitchen and got to work.Rowan is a good ingredient getter and all though the mixing she keep saying "Rowan Lick NOW?" No I kept telling not till it's done. Boy was she happy once it was in the oven so she could help clean up.I am not sure if Rowan or the cake got more frosting. I almost thought that I was going to have to open another container of frosting to get the cake done since she was eating it faster then I could get the cake covered.She seemed to enjoy it and I have to say it was one of the best cakes ever (Kel and Victor agree) but as usual she ate the frosting and then was off.

No comments: