Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Field Day at Victor's School


The Last Friday of the school year was Field Day. It was postponed a week because of rain the week before. Being an active PTO mom I of course volunteered to help out with a station. I got the parachute station which was directly in the sun. It was a good time. Victor's Class was the third class of the day. Which means I got to see him good and early but then it was a let down not to see him again. Being in the sun was great as I am sporting quite the tan already something as a work fool I haven't done since a teen at home with a pool. Field day at Vic's school is quite an undertaking. His gym teacher is very serious about the planning and running of the day. He picks out a new theme and logo for t-shirts and every area gets a schedule of what class goes where and when and rules and ideas for things to do with your given object. This is completely different from my memories of field days. We had certain games and races we played and were split into teams and you won or lost, we got Blue ribbons or Red which proclaimed you to all who saw you as a winner or a loser. I have noticed a lot of not keeping score. I mean Victor won't even get real grades till this next year. Up till now we have gotten the S, E, V, or Below, At or Above. But I also didn't read and learn Math in Kindergarten!! I told Kel that I love helping out but would have liked to see more of Victor. I think next year I will just follow him around and not Volunteer. Kel say YEAH RIGHT!

No comments: