Thursday, June 05, 2008

Rowan's Fieldtrip



Well today I spent the day with the two am classes at Rowan's Preschool. I was put in charge of just 2 because of the good turn out of parents. I had Rowan of course and her little friend Daniel. We road a BIG BUS which delighted the kids as they ride small buses to and from school with seat belts. They were rather well behaved and the place we were going is this cute place I had heard of from some of my girlfriends so I was excited. I knew one of us would have to go since adding my handful into a large area with lots of animals is just inviting trouble. We decided that there was a real possibility of her trying to ride away on a goat or trying to sneak some animal home with her. Given her speed and stealth capability we knew she needed a pro with her to keep the shenanigans at a minimum. I was very thankful that the teacher pared these two up because she said that they had been seeking each other out to play at school and thought they would enjoy the day together and as you can see from the picture they did. We went to a local place that is actually close to our Ward called BakerWoods. They have lots and lots of animals. Rowan loved it. She chased ducks and chickens and I chased her. She wasn't so sure about the cow but enjoyed petting the donkey and feeding the goats. She didn't like the turkey or holding a chick but she held a bunny and tried to clime into the turtle pen. I think the best part of the day was when the bus couldn't pull down into the drive and we had to walk in, and as we come around a corner and there all of these fowls running around and donkey in a pen, well I just watched the thrill roll over Rowan. I thought she was going to walk on air as she struggled to decide where to start. Lunch was so hard for her, to sit and see all the animals right there and be expected to sit and eat!!! I don't know how that girl has so much energy when she eats like a bird. We had a great time and took two hikes in the woods. I think we will have to go back one day this summer at least.

1 comment:

Esquirewilson said...

Miss the kids and you ..

see you in September..

My grandkids are perfect...of course...